RENTING A CAR IN COSTA RICA
While you are in Costa Rica, you might like to get a little more freedom by renting a car.
A lot of people pick this service no only because it is relatively inexpensive here in Costa Rica, but also for the diversity of possibilities that driving yourself to you planned locations gives.
COSTA RICA RENT A CAR REQUIREMENTS
Any foreign visitor aged 18 or older with a valid driver’s license from his or her country can drive a car in Costa Rica for 90 days. However, many rent a car companies require that you be older.
Proof of entry to the country is required for a police officer to accept a foreign license, so always carry your passport when you drive. Costa Rica uses the metric system, and all road signs showing distances are in kilometers (1.6 km = 1 mile). The speed limit on a highway is 100 km/h. In urban areas the maximum speed varies from 40 to 60 km/h.
COSTA RICA RENT A CAR TIPS
* If you are an adventurer, we suggest a 4×4 vehicle
* Keep your car locked all the time, even while you drive
* Try not to leave your car unattended, if you have any values inside your car
* Do not give the car keys to any stranger (Valet Parking)
* Before you go on a trip, find your way on the road assistance map, supplied at our counter
* If you would like to be familiar with our roads before your arrival, we suggest you print out the road assistance map
* Drive defensibly not offensively
Costa Rica Rental Car Company – Fastcr.com
COSTA RICA RENT A CAR VEHICLES
Many destinations require off-road vehicles, especially during the rainy season. Road conditions vary, so always ask your car rental / hire agency about current conditions. Minimum insurance from the state controlled insurance monopoly is required by law regardless of what other insurance you may carry.
All circulating vehicles must be insured against personal injury to third parties by law, but there is no need to insure against material damages to other cars. This means there are lots of drivers out there without insurance to cover the cost of a crash. Not having insurance can be a very expensive decision, even if it’s not your fault. You can purchase extra insurance, or it is possible that your credit card my give you additional coverage.
Hours: Open today · 7AM–10PM
Phone: +506 8875 6262 Read Facebook Revies https://www.facebook.com/Fastrentacarcostarica/